View Single Post
      12-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #30
D335I
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07, 6SPD, WHITE, RED INTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
I had some issues with starting my car the other day and it was dieing left and right. I knew I needed a fuel pump and figured I would get the 933 pump, which is the latest one.

When I picked up my car, I was told that I got the newest pump available. It's pump # 13517616446.
I went to European Auto Source after the pump was installed and they looked up the part number to see what the deal was with this new part number.
There were some questions that we had, Why this new part number?
What's different with this one?

Then we noticed a huge number.
We saw that there is an inventory of over 27,000 fuel pumps with part #13517616446 in the United States.
That's HUGE!
If you looked at the previous part numbers of fuel pumps, you would find that at most, there would be 1000. At most.

Now, why the huge number?
Do you guys think that this pump is the fix and BMW is getting ready to fix everybody's N54/N55 to this pump?
Or
Do you think that BMW is just getting ready for everybody's pump to fail and these are just back ups?

I'm wondering and hoping that it's a fix because why would BMW send so many of a specific part number if it's going to add to the problem.

Discussion?
How is your car running now, my SA told me this should fix some other issues like poor MPG, man I hope so.