Canada
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by allerena View Post
ok so here are the picture, this are the ones from the powerfolding-DIP-Heated mirror, I would take pictures from the ones in my car but its freezing outside, so I'll describe the main differences.

In the first image, the 3 pins are the ones that connect to the harness that comes form the door switch controller, one side is empty. but in the one in my car (heated, non-powerfolding, non-dip) both of those have connectors, one is a 3 pin similar to the one in the second picture and the other side has one with a 2 pin connector.

well the rest of the pictures are just guesses that I have so far for the wiring, I haven't had much time to study that yet.

I hope this helps you guys and let's decode this to get our cars with folding mirrors ASAP... (I am afraid each time i see the snowblowers pass really close to my mirrors )

cheers!
Bit of a thread revival, but did your description and colours for the 4 wires in the wing mirror prove to be correct, for the dip and heating functions? From your photo/annotations I see it as:
Purple is + Dip
Black is - Dip
Red is + Heat
Brown is - Heat

Is that correct? Thanks in advance for the help.
Yes that is correct.