View Single Post
      08-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #37
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyride08 View Post
Well that is a major difference, because GIAC is so detailed in the software, they don't release BETA software and let the people supporting them really test it out. This is a huge difference, I really can't believe the amount of BETA threads around. A closed BETA test is one thing, but opening up a public BETA when you always argue safety seems pretty hypocritical. <Insert You Don't Know Anything Response>

Plus, GIAC has a very solid resume, and more options on the table are always a good thing.
I understand what your saying about beta testing and all, but although the product that GIAC will introduce to the market may not be in Beta form, don't you think they will make changes here and there for the flash being that maybe they didn't address unforseen issues when the flash first was introduced to the public...and if they do people would have to get the new flash to be updated to the latest software revision, and IMO its a PITA compared to the piggys out there that requires a quick update via a laptop or chip burner....No one is arguing that more options are better, this thread is about going from a piggyback to the GIAC flash!!
Appreciate 0