11-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
neilvosko
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e92 FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF
Thanks, ideally I'd like to avoid paying up for any expensive backing plate and just stick on a 2.5" flange onto my existing oe plate. However, the plate on my car isn't flat throughout and any flat area is too far out, not close enough to the hub. I know it's easy to bend the material but have to first see nothing will get in the way. Else I may have no choice but to buy an expensive Turner/BW plate and use the coupler.

The hi-temp hoses are good up to 600*, the standard is 300*. The high temp couplers I've found (used for intakes, turbos, etc) are good for 500* so I think I'm ok on that front.
I experimented with custom brake ducts just for fun and just sold mine as I am going to a dedicated track car. Lessons learned: use 2.25 inch, 3 inch will run on tires at full lock. I used a silicone coupler to attach neoprene dual coated ducts to the flange on backing plate to get beat of both worlds. Place flange close as possible to center I backing plate for more air. You can also bend the backing plate inward to get more air. Remove plastic shrouds around Intercooler that are useless and put the tubing there.

Whew
Appreciate 0