View Single Post
      10-06-2005, 09:27 PM   #33
sarafil
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddym
Hmmm........in those photos/lighting conditions it looks a little different. Looks like maybe a cloudy day as opposed to sunlight, like the first photos in this string.

It's growing on me, but I'm still going to have to see it in person before ordering......
When I was watching my 325xi coming off the truck this morning, the dealer also got in a Barrique 330xi on the same truck. Now the lighting conditions weren't the best this morning (kind of cloudy), but from what I saw, I'm not thrilled. It looks really dull.

I hope that it looks alot better when it is clean, and when the sun is out.

The funny thing is, I'm a huge red fan and I wish BMW would once again come out with a really nice dark red color. In 1999 when we ordered our 323i, we were on the fence about getting Sienna Red, which has similar qualities to what Barrique has today. I had a similar reaction to the color one day when the called me to tell me that they had gotten one in and that I could look at it. It was a cloudy day (again), had just rained, and the car looked horrible. After seeing that, I just couldn't grow to like the color no matter how nice it looked clean, because I knew that I'd hate it the rest of the year when the car wasn't clean and it wasn't sunny out.