aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
well I think the difference is that potentially the winner could be paid $50, this bands CD blows up and now the artwork you made was given out for $50 and this band is making hundreds of thousands of dollars if not more.

you're right in the respect that its not ABOUT the money, but also, this is the 1st time we've ever had a contest that will reach outside of the friendly confines of bimmerpost.com. Someone is actually USING the work now. I think $50 for taking a picture, great, but if these guys want the good pictures to roll in they probably need to take into account that most anyone with decent photo skills can make $50 in about 10 minutes doing a family portrait or something. They are going to get what they pay for and $50 isn't much in this field.

I'm not trying to put down your contest at all, its a good idea, but you also told me when you were thinking about doing this that they'd be offering "a few hundred bucks". Now its only $50? Also, what if they don't like any of the pictures? Do they have the right to NOT choose any of them because again, that is going to turn people away who think "why would I waste my time if there isn't even a guarantee that they'll use it".

Just my $.02
+12091283103801832012830123

Sorry but....... next.