Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by whn View Post
So can you hear the braking noise inside the car now when you are using stoptech rotors w/ CC pads?

I want to change my rotors but I dont want to raise the braking noise when comparing to oem so should I first change the oem rotors to Stoptech drilled rotos?
I know the question wasn't addressed to me, but I think I can give you an answer nevertheless: As written above, slotted rotors will always be noisier than the OEM ones as the latter have a level surface. If you're not going fast, you can hear an increased braking noise as the pads build up friction against the rotor. It's not annoying or loud or anything, just noticeable. If you don't want any noise at all, stay stock.

BTW and just to avoid confusion, I'm not talking about any squealing or something similar. When the CC pads are installed correctly, there shouldn't be any such squealing at all. I have them on for some thousands of km now, and even in extreme cold (-15 degrees Celsius) there was no squeal.

Alpina_B3_Lux