View Single Post
      06-16-2007, 08:52 AM   #22
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwidplastik View Post
I don't care, I just want it fixed. I drop it off, and to make matters worse they give me a Scion as a loaner.

Now, I go back to pick the car up a few days later (Friday). They pull the car up, and when I look inside, there is grease/grime all over the running boards, carpet and driver's side armrest (near the door handle).
Unfortunately the world or automotive service often works as follows: if we don't think we are resposible for your cars repairs, we will not give you good service when performing them. And yes that sucks. Very much. But that's just human nature, and unfortunately even people who are supposed to be professional and swallow their pride are nevertheless human.

Best advice I can give is to:

a) Find a different dealership
b) If that fails, call insurance

But what I don't recommend is switching cars/brands. Why? Because the experience you had was not representative of the make of car you drive and has equal liklihood in being repeated by dealerships for _any_ brand of vehicle. If fact you may find that your next experience is even worse. You simply will not find a brand of vehicle whose every dealership is run with the integrity of a nunnery. In fact, on average, you'll probably find more bad service than good, whereever you go.
Appreciate 0