11-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #10
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzylildude View Post
You need to bleed your brakes everytime you change pads... lol! There should not be any air in your fluid... your pedal sinked becoz of the air pockets in your fluid... you should bleed them out or it is going to happen again...
Really? Is it because I depressed the pads so its throwing air back into the line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceyBMW View Post
Do you think that possibly the pads were binding up when you first tried to seat them after the install and didn't seat all the way, and then when you finally got on them on the road, the slipped and seated all the way? Because it doesn't sounds like a fluid issue since you did not open the bleeder valve during the install.

But its never a bad idea to bleed anyway.
Hmmm that might be it I'm not sure, I did a full bedding procedure last night and the brakes felt slightly better. Maybe I need to redo it again tonight and hopefully it gets better. But the brakes might've taken time to seat but the pedal isn't sinking as bad as it was before
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0