06-18-2014, 06:47 AM   #21
acediac
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1M, F30 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by samchuang33 View Post
I guess it really all depends on the dealership itself. In Brisbane for example, I have heard some bad stories of motorline whereas Brisbane BMW and westside seem to be more responsible. My last service consist of a few items which was covered by extend warranty and I was never charged to diagnose the problem. Car was there for 2 weeks and I was given a loan car, didn't pay a cent.
Will second the motion for Brisbane BMW. Bought a 2010 car from them 3 weeks ago, found the undertray torn up and dodgy intake chargepipe (which had been "fixed" by the previous owner with a cable tie) two weeks after delivery. These problems were not picked up even after getting it independently inspected, and they replaced with new parts, without too much protest, gave me a new demonstration loan car for the duration of repairs, and returned my car fully fixed and detailed.

After hearing some horror stories on forums I was prepared for the worst, but was pleasantly surprised. Having said that, it *is* just 2-3 weeks after the sale, and I did write a formal letter of complaint just to document things in case it got nasty (which it never did). If you deal with them, talk to William, he seems a good bloke, tell him Andrew sent you.
Appreciate 0