View Single Post
      04-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #431
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ritz View Post
I read your break down of the MULF silly BMW didn't code in AD2P.. But even after years it seems nothing supports AD2P. I have headphones that are audiophile headphones with AD2P support yet there are only a few dongles. Unlucky me got one that doesn't work with windows 8. Even after I forced a different BT stack on my computer. Could only get it to pair.
Rather, Continental didn't anyway :P. I can only assume the entire MULF is a 1-off contract design for BMW though. So it does beg the question, why didn't they bother? Seems like there wasn't really any practical design constraint stopping them. Although I suppose back in 2009 good-sounding A2DP wasn't really a thing. The iPhone didn't have it yet, Android had only just been released (I don't know about the state of hardware specifically, though, but I'll assume it was early enough that they didn't bother with the finer things like AAC licensing for BT). Better to not include the feature than include a half-ass of it that everyone would be annoyed with.

But whatever, for a couple hundo you can get the gateway, which seems nearly a silver bullet for all the MULF's design deficiencies.