View Single Post
      01-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #221
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible

Thanks for your supportive comments guys.

It was really tough to swallow at the beginning. I was having nightmares about her taking vacations with her boyfriend at some fancy resort with my hard earned money. I was even thinking about leaving the country if it wasn’t for my daughter.

But there was a turning point on how I feel about this whole situation about 2 months ago. One day I was at the gym after another negotiation session and feeling very depressed as it became more clear that I was going to be in this s*** for long long time. I had no energy to exercise. I sat on the floor looking at the floor. Then I saw a quarter. I got the quarter and started flipping it. Then I noticed the writing on the quarter : “Live free or die”. This made me realize that some people gave up their life for freedom. And I have to do give up some of my hard earned money to get my freedom. I realized that mine is nothing compared to what others did to be free. From that day on I have been telling myself that this is the cost of my freedom and it is well worth it!

No matter what I do I cannot change the outcome but I can change the way I feel. This helped me a lot.

Now I have a beautiful girlfriend who makes me happy. I also do my best to be the best father to my daughter.

You live and you learn…
Appreciate 0