Rep
Drives: 2011 335i mSport Sedan E90 N55

Garage List
2011 335i  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliditude
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdufrene View Post
The Stage 2 from Dinan is MSRP @ $2k. Dealers here are negotiable on price. The only other performance difference was the exhaust. Plus, with Dinan you get a lot more for your money and they pick up the warranty.

Yeah, that stage 2 is only the software from them. The exhuast is another 2k, then the hardware under the hood is another 2k, whereas he got everything from under 3k with the PPK. The Dinan warranty is great, but just wait till an arguable component in your cars fails, causing Dinan to say it's BMW fault and BMW to say it's Dinan fault. You get more for your money with Dinan, yes, but you get even more for your money with all the other vendors like JB, Vishu and so on. Sometimes, less is more--there are pros and cons, and PPK is a conservatie, factory mod. Your Dinan-badged car will look a lot more abused when you're selling it as compared to a legit factory upgrade. The PPK doesn't win because it's more for your money, it wins because it has no other cons other than price, which, still, is fairly reasonable. Moreover, the PPK is a small boost upgrade whereas the Dinan tune is a fairly big boost upgrade, which is almost guaranteed to not be as reliable despite the warranty. It's all about what's important to you: Conservatively safe or hardcore?
Well said
+100
Lux H8 , HID Fog lights 5k
Appreciate 0