08-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #623
mid-corner fun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, '22 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivinMissDaisy View Post
Ok first track day complete in the 335 AT and man is this car fun. Track was Big Willow 2.5 mile course. Car is stock except for a VR oil Cooler. I was running 75/25 water to coolant with 1 boddle of water wetter. I used Mobile 1 0w-40 diesel truck oil. Also removed the fog light to let more air in to the cooler. Heater on high the whole time.

On the track it was 103 degrees. My oil temps were good considering the outside temps. Hottest I saw was 290 with an average around 280. The first 2 session sucks because the traffic was horrible. The last 2 sessions were fantastic. With all the break downs, crashed cars, and pussies who couldn't handle the heat made the last 2 sessions fantastic. Traffic was very minimal and you got around it with 1 straight away.

Car did go into limp mode of the last 2 sessions. On the back straight I would punch it and it would do nothing. So I would cruise around about half a lap with the ac on and I would be at full power again. Then I would finish off the session, 3-4 laps, without a problem. I checked codes and nothing. Water temps were around 90 degrees C after the cool down lap which is normal. No clue. Unless water got so hot and then cooled down really fast or tranny temp was to hot.

Fastest time on the first session was 1.55. The third session was 1.48. The last session which had no time would be even faster. I was hitting faster speeds on the certain areas so I know I was faster overall.

I burned through an entire tank of gas, 16 gallons and averaged 8.5mpg.
props for going out there at 103F ambient.

At 290F oil you were running at reduced power mode regardless of whether you saw any errors but your water temps are too low, not sure how you're seeing only 90C. And water should be higher after the cool down lap due to reduced airflow/reduced cooling capacity.

Change that oil asap, it's shot after hitting 290F.
Appreciate 0