View Single Post
      05-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #4
bmwm3redblack
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M3 E46, BMW E92 335Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashtrey View Post
I recently put Koni Yellow Sports and H&R Sport springs on my 08 335xi Sedan.

The ride is nice but the rear is a bit too low for my taste. I'm actually in the process of looking for an alternative spring for the rear... or if I can swing it... swapping it all out and going KW V1's so I can adjust the height. Having the right stance is much more important to me than adjustable dampening or saving a few hundred bucks.

Here are a couple threads with pics of my car just a few days after the install. I had a complete alignment done and the rear camber is kicked out pretty good.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827845

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827845

After a close to two months now it has become a real nag on me. I'm tired of seeing my rear so low at times. Sometimes it looks perfect but overall it's just too low compared to the front. Even if all jack points are equal distance from the ground... the appearance to the eye is that the front is higher than the rear.

Take from this what you will.

My current ideas are to get a set of Eibach springs and throw those on in hopes that they will fix the rear dump. If that doesn't work... I'll just go straight to KW's.

I'm pondering Tein springs but there is very little out there on any XI owners using Tein's. The Koni's are somewhat new to the XI so the majority of people on here are running Bilstein's or KW's. What is frustrating and confusing is that some people have Koni/H&R setup and their cars look perfect.

The first pics are off my car with stock 17" wheels. I recently put on 18" wheels with squared 235/40/18's and it looked good for a while then started to settle again.

It all depends on when you look at it, what angle or what the pavement is like that your car is parked on etc.

The installation shop put the rears at what I think is full soft too... so I nearly gave dad a broken back yesterday driving down the freeway from a few hard bumps/bounces.

I did track it after I had them all installed and it ran frigging great, fwiw.

I can give you part #'s. The prints are the KBA 91042 .. 29187 These are supposed to be the same as the US H&R sport springs. Did quite a bit of research before buying.

Hope this helps you. if you have the money I would go KW... I don't read any threads of anyone disappointed or upset with the way the car sits after installing them because...well... they are adjustable!

Cheers.

Thank you very much for the good review.
My car looks good now so i don't think the look will change after koni yellow be installed.
The most important question for me is ride comfort with koni vs stock?
I've heard that in Cali you've got nice roads,and in the area where i live roads are not so good. So you feel normal on a bumpy roads?