View Single Post
      11-27-2007, 02:12 PM   #26
Oli
Campervan man
Rep
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Yes those figures were nicks, BUT i dont believe in a month of sundays the loses are as high as 23% if they are what your saying is a 335i makes 332bhp stock from the factory. As most of those make 270 at the wheels stock.

most 335i are 310-315 at the flywheel. Your calculations are 100% Right. This does not mean that the car is really making 350bhp at the flywheel tho.

The losses are 15% approx. DMS told me over the phone that the losses ''are 50bhp'' , not sure how they measure that but that would also be closer to what im saying.. They quote 334bhp which is approx 284bhp at the wheels.. 14 more than Peppernicks

but Nick calculated his with 23% loss to give him a higher flywheel figure!

Carlos
I give up Carl- Go back through everything you've said re-do the calculations, and you might realise what Im saying. Working those figure out give a 23% loss, which through an autobox and torque convertor is more like it - Work it out. Nick obviously got those figures off a rolling road.

Oh and just beacuse its what you' are saying' doesnt mean its right - remember cars are my business!!!

Someone help?!?!

Genuine VW T5 California Rental
Appreciate 0