View Single Post
      12-01-2020, 09:36 PM   #24
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Well we were talking coupes vs convertibles, not 335i vs other cars/M3, so not sure how you got on about the 335 being a chick car and we never see them in movies. Of course movies are going to choose the sportiest car BMW makes, which would be an "M" if the intent is to have a sporty bmw/luxury brand.

You're entitled to your opinion, not going to argue or try to change your mind. Just telling you how convertibles are looked at in the USA by almost every younger-mid aged person that I have talked to, and why they are generally cheaper here........

You're right on a few things, heavier/less rigidity doesn't mean much to most people buying regular BMW's.

Anyways, lets not derail OP's thread any further by discussing irrelevant opinions
my man , I did a quick google search in a usa site for cars

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&numRecords=25

I still see convertibles sell for higher price than coupes too. So I m not sure who are all these guys you are talking too and how you say that you speak for the USA somehow ... But again , you walk into a dealer and price a convertible vs a coupe with the same specs and the convertible will always be more expensive. So if the USA people somehow see convertibles as a lesser option , it sounds crazy to think the dealers would sell their convertibles at a higher price?. I mean there is a reason they are price higher than coupes . If the people in the USA somehow think the way you say they think , it just does not make any sense that a dealer would be selling their convertibles at a higher price, noone would be buying them .
The used market is not that much different. Same options , mileage, etc ,etc a convertible is a little more expensive than a coupe. Specially on a luxury brand like BMW.

Its a different story some guys want to think that a little more weight and less rigidity is somehow going to make a huge difference on the street. I really don't see it. The 335 is plenty capable regardless of coupe or convertible for 99.9% of driving. At the end of the day , its a luxury car , not
a sports car. You get some sportiness with it . A track test is a different story , but how many people are actually beating the crap out of a 335 on the track. I make good money and i dont even think I could afford to keep a 335 running on a track lol

But you are right, we just have different opinions. I was just curious to see if the convertibles actually sell for less in the usa used market as you pointed many times as a fact. To me surprise the story is a little different which makes sense.
Appreciate 1