2007_E93
Captain
Rep
Drives: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
hmm.
Thanks guys.

It sounds like I haven't found the problem then and it may be more severe than I initially thought.

If everybody has a little slack then the problem sounds to be more internal.
Mr.5, The wiggle described above is MINIMAL. On my car, wiggling at the rod gives only slight noise (NO CLICK). I can post a video of the sound but not sure how and doubt you would hear it in the video as it is so low a sound and so little slack. If I push on the teardrop and gold spacer closer to the top of the engine there is NO MOVEMENT...MAYBE 0.25mm as described above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npb View Post

engine was warm, so i used a metal rod to see if there was slack. there is a liiittle bit, but nothing that seems too alarming. maybe 1/4 millimeter in each direction?? if that makes sense...
Again, I don't have the rattle sound, but Mr. 5, going back to your original area of concern, perhaps the rattling is not coming from the gap between the gold piece and the teardrop piece, but between the teardrop piece and the rod/connecter
THIS is what I've been trying to convey to you with all of my prior posts. Your sound is LIKELY coming from the rod/teardrop assembly and NOT the teardrop gold thingy/space assembly. I used my hand and ALOT of force in all directions today.
Appreciate 0