02-21-2010, 02:14 AM   #45
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
First of all, I love how any dissenting opinion is instantly rebuffed by the word "hater." Great argument. Second of all, no credit is due to any jack-ass that watched "The Fast and the Furious" too many times and engages in reckless street racing. There are too many other people around and the people that are gonna get hurt are somebody's wife or kid - take it to a track if you want to race. And finally, yes, it's still a Civic. People laugh at him when he drives by and they don't give a shit how fast his car is (believe it or not, that actually doesn't matter to most people). Fucking ricers...
(Your the kind of guy that prevented me to buy a bimmer up to 2008 when I had no choice sorry I just can't stand elitist or badge whores)

Who cares what people think...why would people laugh?...Some people are laughing at bmw owners paying more than 1000$/month. Some people are laughing at brand whores driving 323I. You don't like civic get over it.....I don't like 1996 318Ti...you don't see me making a big case and laughing at your car.....If you like it fine I don't have a problem with that..some people hate my 1er..life goes on...I don't give a flying F as long as I like the car that I'm driving I'm fine. I wanted an RWD car with 300+hp with good brakes, a good resale value the 135I fit my needs so I bought it...If the Hyundai Genesis 2.0T would have been out in 2008 I would have probably bought one of those and slap a big turbo on it.....(it has decent brembo's, comes WITH AN LSD,easy to mod).

As I track my car I don't give a flying F what people think about it. Any idiot or douchebag working at Mcdonalds can walk in a showroom take a loan or lease a brand new bimmer...go pick up 18 year old girls and try to impress them. You have to be more of a gearhead to built/own a built civic/stang/evo or any other highly modded car.

Trust me I've been working in the car business for a few years plus I co-owned a shop for 5 years.

The best time of my life was when I was 17-18 no money sinking all my money in my civic. My next pay check was spent before I even got it. I used to go to the shop after work and hang around/work on my car/customers/friends car up to 2am...used to order pizza/drink beer do some experiments...we had a blast....I really miss those days. I can still remember the day we swapped my friends car at 12am and made a motor mount out of an hockey puck since he had to go to work with the car a few hours later.

I had to vent because I can't imagine that there are some morons laughing at lesser cars and think that they're the shiznit...You know what we're pretty fortunate to have Bimmers hell even a car...Some people starving as we speak.

You can flame me like a BBQ chicken I don't care I had to get this off my chest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.

Last edited by mtla4; 02-21-2010 at 02:44 AM..
Appreciate 0