grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
If you are going to base your purchase decision to spend $1k+ on a tune on an extrapulation between an "independent" dyno pull on a Mustang and a dyno pull on a dyno-jet at a shop with which the tuner has relationship, have at it, it's your money not mine.

Like I said, I understand there were likely some kinks to work out, seeing how this was the first US spec 335d to run the Evolve tune, but that is no reason to throw-out and discount a follow-up on an "independent" dyno where the original baseline and 2nd dyno were conducted after VS/Evolve made the adjustments. That is really the key data point that is missing; sorry if I am not drinking the Kool-Aid, YET.
I'm not saying that at all. Believe me I'd love to have independent data preferably with the dyno files posted to eliminate any shenanigans but, to be honest the way you are harping on it seems kind of like you have an agenda.

They had an issue. They wanted to use a dyno they have experience with no harm there. You have the info albeit in different formats but, it's there.
Appreciate 0