View Single Post
      11-27-2008, 03:18 PM   #3
F104
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: E92 320D M-sport

Andy hi. Will try your wiring as mine (CK3200) is no good. Was wired up to switch off parrot when engine was switched off, I rewired it but now it stays on up to 20 minutes after key removal

Anyway, i also posted installation in sun visor. Great while in garage; impossible while driving (your eyes can't adopt fast enough between road and sunvisor). Anyone- How does one remove a bad posting? I ended up buying a new sun visor

The picture shows my entirely different set up. The Parrot one requires cutting the cable and re-soldering each wire. It sits glued on a wedge so i have maximum visibility.The CK 3200 has a 45 degree edge which allows for such installation.

The display in the ash tray is the Dashdyno (auterra.com) requiring one to cut out the bottom of the ashtray. Before, I had the CK 3200 in there which requires cutting out the ash tray as well. But with both i could/can close the ash tray lid, and no-one could spot the difference from the outside.
The dashdyno displays here (in metrics) after hours in my garage:
- 42 Celcius coolant
- 101 kPa boost pressure ( depends on 100 / 29.92 standard)
- 35 Celcius intake temp after intercooler ( it gradually moves up to coolant temp)
(and that is just one of many displays)
Appreciate 0