View Single Post
      05-01-2007, 09:01 PM   #30
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmike View Post
Yes, the traction control behaves the same but now it has two sides to rapidly correct, but the computer is faster. It rains a lot here in the winter so i've had mostly wet weather experience with the Quaife. The DSC/DTC with the Quaife will keep you pointed more time in the right direction, even under full throttle, better than without a Quaife. When i didn't have the Quaife my car back end would swing out in the wet/snow and stay out which isn't pointed in the right direction. It's a big improvement that everyone will love.

The car makes way better use of the power with the Quaife, especially in the wet. I guess it's like having 50 more hp if you look at it that way. I know my 1/4 mile time will be faster since dead stop starts are more productive with less spinning and more moving. :rocks:
Wow... that's really good! I want one!

Question for you... I am pretty mechanically inclined... is a DIY possible with the qualife LSD? I assume that one just has to pull the diff cover, half shafts, and gear set and then put in the qualife gear set and put back the half shafts and diff cover... any thoughts?
Appreciate 0