06-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #350
Chowbow
pew pew
Rep
Drives: 三三五i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbass524 View Post
This will be a great test. The 6 MT w/stock power is less prone to overheating, or at least takes longer to. I hope you do 100% Distilled Water with Mocool. It worked well for me and I have an AT w/stock power but with the dual ER oil coolers.

Make sure to practice getting the coolant temps to show up on the dash. It can take a few tries.

I also suggest driving out the highway for about 15 minutes fter each session to help with heat soak.
I probably won't do 100% distilled water. My friend had that setup on his drag car and we all completely forgot about it, and parked it outside in TX during the spring at the drag strip. It surprisingly got cold enough at night and split the darn thing. Luckily they were able to get the motor out of the car, into a rental SUV, and over to a shop and they welded that sucker back together in the back of that rental SUV.

In any case, I'll probably go the easy way out and just yank the coolant pipe so I don't have to pull the intercooler, and let whatever coolant drain out of there drain out, and then just fill it with distilled water. My last coolant flush was a year ago so I don't feel the need to flush it yet.

Regardless, as a novice I might not be pushing it so hard as to get the car to limp mode, but we'll see what happens.