View Single Post
      12-31-2010, 05:38 AM   #63
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

I think xi are pretty capable and you would agree to that too as you later did. Plus, fellow forum members that track those cars have made their point well. Hey before you made that comment though did you drive both 335Xi version vs S4. Naaaa.....don't take me seriously I am just pulling your leg

As for S4 vs 335i on different days different drivers you got me man.

I am not 100% sure about the driver though. Regardless, if in your opinion they look invalid I am OK with it. Its a difference of opinion nothing more . Its not gonna make your car any less to you or to me. The most accurate times without a doubt would be to pitch both cars against one another on the same track, same day, and same driver. Specially when two cars are that close in lap times.

As for the cold weather argument. I think most anyone would agree that it is actually better overall for FI cars not to say that NA. engines would not appreciate a cooler weather also. As far as the tire temp. is concerned. I do not think it is as big a factor as heat soak. The tire temp. can be easily brought up with practice run.

As for 135i. I think some people including me mentioned why it did not do so well.

Hope I answered some of your questions directed at me without starting a debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_loft View Post
Not to strike up another debate, but Car & Driver, Motortrend, and InsideLine have all mentioned that it wouldn't be fair to put up the XI against the S4. That is why all the head-to-head comparisons have been against the RWD BMW. BMW AWD is designed as foul weather aid, not a performance enhancing feature. Without sports suspension and the added weight, it will not be good on the results for the BMW. They chose performance oriented cars in each price range and an XI, sorry to say, is not going to make that list.

Yes the 335i coupe edged the S4 sedan by 3/10th's on the same track, but I can use your argument that it was not on the same day or same driver. Given that the S4 was tested on a cold February day compared to 335's in August

I'm surprised that the 135 finished 3 seconds behind the regular 335i. You would think that with the same power and lighter / smaller chassis it would do at least the same or best it.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.

Last edited by Kayani_1; 12-31-2010 at 05:53 AM..
Appreciate 0