View Single Post
      05-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #26
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Well...

You can continue to attend "track days" but without proper instruction it would just be a waste of time, tires, and money if you ask me.

I remember my FIRST instructed event. I was all happy to ask for feedback from my instructor on my driving. His response was "you're doing okay for a first timer. Still making all the same mistakes from all the typical first timers, too early on the apex and not patient enough with the turns." Here I thought I was doing everything right. It took a seasoned driver to point out every single mistake I was making to really show me I didn't know what I was doing.

Believe you me. You will learn so much more and quicker with an instructor in the passenger seat. You don't need to go to any "race" school yet, but at least have the fundamentals taught to you from a decent organization like BMW CCA or whatever is recommended in your region. Otherwise all you'll be doing is building upon more bad habits until it's impossible to correct.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0