View Single Post
      06-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #24
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0 View Post
Don't over complicate this OP, it's not hard. If you want it fixed take it to a wheel repair shop...it doesn't matter if it's clear coated or not they know what to do and if it's a good shop they will match the other 3 no problem, I've done it numerous times with expensive forged wheels. If you dont want to pay the 1 bill, don't get it fixed. Trying something yourself is going to lead to bad results.
The more I dig into this, this might be the best answer...

My car is a DD, and rims are used, If I am expecting perfect looking wheels than I am crazy - I am not, hence why I bought used. The wheels look awesome - except that that on the chrome lips on the 2 rear wheels - minimal curb rash and the black paint has no nicks or scratches in all 4 wheels. Seems almost a waste to spend $200 repairing the 2 rear wheels when I barely paid mroe than that for all 4...

I was just looking for a "cheap and quick" DIY to get the wheels new looking, not sure if I want to spend 200 bucks to have them refinished.... and where I am OK doing work myself, stripping the polish off the lips and trying to re-surface them completely seems more than I want to get involved with...

was kind of hoping for some magical mother's polish that can fill the nicks in, polish the lips, and protect the wheel...

...maybe I should just be asking how to maintain their current coniditon and not have them get worse... there is NO rust, and I want to keep it that way...