08-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #11
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddjob2021 View Post
whats the issue with using boost?

no offence, but IMO using RPM as a progressive source to spray on doesnt make sence.

heres an example: you're on a road course and you're navigating tight esses. you throttle on in some places but brake in others, keeping you're RPM high. if this is the case with your system, it will keep spraying until your RPM's drop no? and you're spraying when no throttle (gasoline) input is there. you can bog your engine or worse!

anyway, what i'm trying to say is RPM doesn't seem like the smart choice for the progression. boost makes sense because when you throttle on low, you don't go above 0 psi... meaning no spraying. when you throttle more, to maybe 6 psi, it sprays a little, just like a little gas. then full on throttle is full boost then full pump pressure to spray.

does what i'm saying make sence FB_IS? or will it not work the way i think an RPM depenedant spray will.
Using boost to spray is actually a marginal idea at best. You basically must set your spray so low or you taper at high rpms. Think about it, your boost maxes at 4k-4.5k and tapers massively at redline. So you set the start way down to solve this and then spray equal across the entire rpm range and that is not ideal.

The RPM or IPW / Boost have floors that mean you won't spray unless BOTH conditions are met. We need to spray more when more air is going into the engine at high rpms and we simply cannot due that with boost only.

Trust me, I have tested and logged a lot on this.
Appreciate 0