View Single Post
      10-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
Augster
Master Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sport

Garage List
There seems to be conflicting information posted on the various forums as some people with pre-LCI E92's factory Xenon's have chimed in saying that Angel Eyes can be set as DRL's with no other hardware for all E9x, but then there are other posts that state that pre-LCI E90's (Sedans) with factory Xenon's have special purpose halogens for DRL's that are activated via BC dash/iDrive, and the Angel Eye's only come on when the Xenon's are on or if the dedicated DRL's are deactivated and the light switch is set to Parking Lights (but this also turns on the side marker lights).

Since I have a 335i E90 Sedan with factory Xenons, this is the particular model I'm interested in enabling Angel Eyes only as DRLs. So from what I gather, if I just want the Angel Eyes to automatically come on by themselves (no side marker lights) as truly DRL's (and bypasses the factory DRL's), a DAEOS harness from either a manufacturer or a DIY harness as the one you've made is the only way to accomplish this (no coding required).
Appreciate 0