View Single Post
      08-10-2011, 12:21 PM   #85
Zaphood
Rep
Drives: E93 330i M-sport

My 1st post, so hope this is useful to someone.

There are a few guys like myself who have bought a complete steering wheel with the paddles and multifunction switches, and have not been able to get the paddles working following this DIY.

Like those guys I also thought that it would be enough to only run the two wires from the slipring to the center console blue connector (as the paddles were already wired) which I did. They wouldn't work, and for the world I could not figure why not.

Re-checked everything, and only after measuring the resistance between the paddles and the slipring connector (where the yellow wires were in 2 & 4) I found that nothing was happening when flicking the paddles. I unplugged the paddles from the multiswitch harness and found that the paddles were working just fine. So the problem was somewhere in the connection between the paddle connectors and the multiswitch harness.

Long story short, I made the paddle switch wiring as described in the DIY, clipped the wires 3 and 6 which already were present in the multiswitch connector (the one which is plugged into the slipring, the one beside the airbag connector) and soldered the new paddleshift wires to those. The ground was connected under the same screw where the airbag ground was connected (brown wire).

Everything is now working flawlessly.

Hope this helps you guys who are also fighting with this problem.
Appreciate 0