07-01-2008, 05:12 PM   #70
KenH
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92m3 f25x3 e71x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2iSTUDIOS View Post
Ken, I have an e92 with premium + navi (and lots of other options), will the retrofit kit work in my car? Do I already have the High Charger/hands free electronic control? When I open my truck and take out the floor, I see a metal box on the right.

Thanks.
I am not the world's expert on this but here goes:
1. Your car must have been produced in 3/07 or later. I cannot tell from what you have written if that is the case. If it is from this date the Installation Instructions imply that it will work.
2. Let me know the part number on the metal box and I will see if I can tell from the ETK (German for EPC, electronic parts catalog) if it need changing or can remain. The part number is of the form 84.10.9.xxx.xxx and probably has a dash number at the end (eg -01). I suspect that it will have to be changed.
The high charger/HF unit occupies the same space as the low charger/HF unit in the trunk so the fact that you have something there does not in itself help (it provides Bluetooth capability). It appears that the "high" unit has USB built-in whereas the "low" does not.
Note that the Installation Instructions I published were from a European dealer.
Appreciate 0