View Single Post
      03-21-2008, 08:24 AM   #2
jprieur
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

I have a set of Michelin PS2 ZP (runflats) that will be installed sometime next week. They are the replacement to the Bridgestone RE050. I will let you know how they compare when they are installed. I am expecting a slight increase in ride, moderate increase in grip and a slight reduction in tread noise.

The Bridgestones never really bothered me with respect to the ride. The only real shortcomming I have found with these tires is wet traction. You must remember that 1) you drive a 3 series with the sport package so your suspension is less than forgiving and 2) low profile UHP summer tires are not designed for comfort. Sure some ride better than others, but these tires compromise comfort for ultimate grip and responsiveness

Right now I have the Goodyear Eagle F1 All Seasons on my car (just for the winter months) since there are no RFT avail in stock sizes. My car rode MUCH better, however, I lost a bit of steering responsiveness and on center feel. Of course I lost some traction, but this was to be expected going away from the softer UHP summer tread. Bottom line, my wife loves my car without the runflats (background my wife drives a volvo), I love my car with the runflats (background, this is my 2nd 3 series in 5 years).
Appreciate 0