Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabinowi View Post
this has probably been asked before, but what does a phone icon in the nav display mean? it's a little phone icon to the left of the signal strength icon at the bottom of the nav display -- i can't seem to find a reference anywhere in the manual.

also, my balckberry curve worked fine for the first two months and now it only works once in a while (i can't access my contact list any longer and the blutooth connection drops). anyone else have this problem? predictably, bmw wasys the curve from verizon isn't officially supported.

thank you...
I'm pretty sure the phone icon just means there is a phone connected. Also, did you update the software on your Blackberry recently? My whole family has the same exact phone (Samsung A707) but mine broke so At&t gave me a new one. Mine has a newer software version than the rest of my families. I am the only one who's contact list sync's with the car. So if you updated the software that could be the culprit. Unfortunately BMW only supports something like 4 models of phones so they won't help. Maybe try calling RIM or Verizon and see if they can help you out.