View Single Post
      02-02-2007, 07:38 AM   #6
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild View Post
v1 is not a cop detector lol, i would pay 1k $ for a cop detector if they made one

cop can still get your speed w/o radar by pacing you (following you) or by estimating (doesnt usually happen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49 View Post
I don't know what it's like there, but watch out for helo's too. They will fly with you, and time you between two fixed points. Then they'll radio someone on the ground, and then you'll have some bright lights behind you..
yup, back in the old days they use the halo technique alot in the south central states (Texas, Louisiana). They paint two white stripes on the road (probably 1 mile apart on any interstate highway), a plane ontop start the clock as soon as you hit the 1 stripe and stop the clock when you hit the second stripes. Bamp! Next thing you know, 10 or so state troppers are sitting in front of you and the cops are waving you into the side of the road. hehehe.

I wonder why they stop doing this, maybe it was too much work. I have not seen this techniques for 8-10 years now.

If they wanted to, they can follow you and match your speed and can also get you that way. It is very rare because the only way that would work is if they catch you daydreaming and you are not aware a cop is driving next to you.