View Single Post
      03-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #14
shootfirst83
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Blindfolded

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
OP obviously I hope this works out for you, but as you said you're stock in terms of power….All I can go off of is anecdotal evidence since I've never seen an N54 fall apart myself, but with that being said these appear to be damn strong motors. Hundreds, maybe thousands, of FBO N54s out there with essentially zero grenades that were directly attributed to the increased power and load. The one's that really go kaboom seem to be outliers on the margins, or heavily tracked cars that get oiling failure or some issue with meth delivery. Seeing something like this is scary, but it doesn't lower my confidence in the N54's block. Hopefully this "just" ends up being a blown turbo...
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for. I've never tracked my car and honestly don't drive it very hard. I bought it used so I'm not sure if the person before me ragged it out but I bought it in July 2011. You would think that this problem would have surfaced sooner. The shop said they should know something after lunch today. My fingers are crossed.
Appreciate 0