View Single Post
      07-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #17
Performing Imports
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmoff View Post
Yeah I would have to wonder if our 'lil turbo can even push anything that high (over 18psi) anyhow. A piggy + flash would probably be a bad combo in any case, I don't think they would 'stack' well.

And are you (Performing Imports) implying that the crank in the N55 is substantially weaker than the one in the N54? I am pretty sure the N54 can handle more than that w/o problem. I think the community would be very keen on knowing if you have any evidence of such failures. Like vwrefugee said, I think this is pretty much unheard of in this community. Especially given that I don't think anyone is running that kind of boost on the N55 yet.

Edit: I would consider your intro offer and provide a good review of the tune, but I am very happy with my PROcede. Glad to know that flash tunes are coming to market for the N55 for sure though. And FWIW I spoke to you guys on the phone before and you were very helpful. Seem like some good folks to work with.
Thanks for the kind words! The crank in the N54 and N55 are made from different materials, the N54 crank is made from forged steel and the crank in the N55 is sand cast iron. Steel flexes cast iron does not. That is the difference.
Appreciate 0