12-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #164
dotmit
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 325i | K46 S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
I doubt anyone would be foolish enough to spell out in finite detail what Cooks Ferry do in terms of making your car more secure,publishing the details on an open forum has a habit of being self defeating,as I'm sure the bastard cocktards who steal the cars,probably frequent forums such as this one,to get a heads up as to what security measures they need to conquer next.

If the Cooks Ferry method is of interest,give them a call,I'm sure they'll help,I'd like to think they wouldn't be too descriptive,after all you could be a tealeaf

http://www.cooksferry.com/

There is a wealth of info on ways you can DIY in this thread:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741889

For info,moving the OBD port yourself is easy,quick and needs minimal skill,and few tools.

It also costs zilch,unless you elect to buy an extension cable for the port,or buy an OBD blank.

You mentioned 'helpful', how'd I do?
lol that is a little more helpful, though I already read both of those threads you mentioned and that didn't tell me what the Cooks Ferry mod was, hence my question.

What's to stop a dodgy crook from phoning Cooks Ferry and asking them what they do? Just having the information on a forum doesn't make it insecure if Cooks Ferry are happy to disclose the information by phone.

If they aren't happy to disclose the information by phone, then it would be more helpful to suggest I don't bother calling them unless I am prepared to get my wallet out to find out what they do.

So there

No tension on my part, I'm not like some kind of lame keyboard warrior who wouldn't say the same thing at a meetup or whatever. Speaking of which, see you at the Ace on Saturday morning if you're there. I'll buy you a cup of tea for you to ease the tension