Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTempoLimitN54 View Post
Got a CBS / brake pad wear sensor question:

My car is still under factory warranty. When I got my car in July, the rear brakes had 4100 miles to go. They have been steadily declining since.

The indication got down to 1000 miles to go just before last weekend. On Sunday I did the BMWCCA autocross at the Auto Club Speedway in CA. A few days later the sensor still reads 1000 miles to go.

Does the CBS miles to go stop at 1000 miles until you hit the second stage of the wear indicator?
UPDATE: It turned out the rear pads had plenty of life left. But now my front pads recently went from 14000 miles to go to 1400 miles to go. I had a front wheel off the other day and I saw that the pads were worn. I'm assuming that I passed the first stage of the wear sensor.

My brake fluid change is due 1/2013. I drive about 1000 miles per month. I've got a little over 1000 miles to go to hit 50k when factory warranty expires (but I still have CPO and extended maintenance).

Is it worth it to try to get them to do the pads/rotors/fluid before I hit 50k or does it not matter having CPO and extended maintenance?

For Sale: 2009 335i 6MT (E92/N54), Sport / M-Technic / no iDrive / Black Sapphire / Black Dakota Leather, ZCW, 6FL, PDC, 19" VMR VB3, Pilot Super Sport, M3 control arms + tension links (fr) S. California
Appreciate 0