Holygrail
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E90 335i

Garage List
2008 335i Sedan  [0.00]
Clutch delay valve replacement for quicker times in 6-sp

Has anyone replaced the Clutch Delay Valve (CDV) on their 335i 6-sp manual yet? I bought a modified CDV for only $35 from http://store.zeckhausen.com/catalog/...roducts_id=497. It eliminates the delay when you drop the clutch. Ever wondered why your shifting is so smooth as if you've driven stick for 20 yrs? The 335i stick feels smooth, BUT too mushy. If you're good, then you still can shift smoothly after the modified CDV is installed. The factory CDV decreases the life of the clutch b/c basically in Barney style terms, you are riding the clutch every time you're shifting. BMW service advisors and mechanics agree. And if you work in DC, then you're fucked because in rush-hour traffic I'm never fully disengaging my 1 st gear anyway. The M3s (past and present) don't even have a CDV. I've been driving stick for 20 yrs now, but sometime in bumper-to-bumper traffic, I still can't help it with the 335i...not smelling that burnt clutch smell. By installing this part allows you to chirp your wheels in second gear while you're already driving b/c it engages and disengages the clutch in a heartbeat. In normal driving, it increases your clutch life. If no one installed it yet, I'll let you know how it is after I install it. I really miss that feeling on the drag strip, when you're slamming it in second gear, your transmission grips and your tires chirp, and you feel that bang, and your head hitting the head rest. That's the way it supposed to feel.

v/r,
Chris
2008 335i Sedan: Met blk, Blk Lthr w/ pop wood, Sp pkg, Pr Pkg, Cold Pkg, Navi, Sat Radio, Carb Fiber Fr Lo lips and roudrels, Tints (20%), Clear Bra (360 degrees-incl doors), Blackline Tails, red calipers. 18x8.5 & 9.5 Ruff Racing Staggered wheels (saved 6-7 lbs/wheel, CP-E Custom Exhaust system, SS-Turbo Tuner, KN&N, CDV.
Future mods: 6-spd Illum Lthr Short Shifter, Eibach Anti-roll bars
Appreciate 0