View Single Post
      02-19-2013, 10:33 PM   #17
DunkinV
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335d Carbon Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsilver View Post
As I'm sure you already know there may never have been an injector issue, it may have been the DDE all along. You will find out soon enough. Running at low RPMs is easier on the injectors than high so that has nothing to do with it. Remember these injectors can actually inject as many as 5 times per compression cycle.

As the carbon has just been cleaned out, and if no more major issues after replacing the DDE, myself, I would keep the car (have the trans fluid changed). YMMV.
Yes, I thought of this. The question is if the DDE failed on its own or there are other conditions that caused the DDE to fail. As you note, time will tell. So far we have seen 2 cases of the DDE fixing it and 1 of continued issues.

Also worth noting, the dealer network does not know how to treat these repeated failures. My case was ultimately taken to BMW engineering. That tells me root cause is possibly not yet identified, and the DDE may be a diagnostic repair. Or else this is rare enough, or not priority enough, for BMW to package up a service bulletin for the dealer network. Everyone with a 335d who sees a single injector failure should ask your SA to immediately inquire of BMW NA experts on possible DDE failure. We may even be able to help them sort this out faster.

Last edited by DunkinV; 02-19-2013 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: Autoincorrect
Appreciate 0