Booster4075
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Thanks...

The 2009 5 Series is using the new iDrive controller with the old iDrive CCC, so it could be as easy as plug and play to add the the new controller to the current 3 Series iDrive.

The rest of the hardware should also connect straight to the current connectors, and I agree that the programming is the biggest obstacle. However, even that should not be difficult if a formal request is made thru the right dealer as you did for your retrofit.

I'm getting the new controller first for testing as long as the connector is the same, but so far no part department that I have called have both controllers in stock to tell me right there that the connectors are the same...
That's awesome if you could visually inspect the controller (and hook it up too!) . . . I wish I had a newer WDS - that would show us the pin-out and hookup of the newer controller. Very interesting comment regarding the 5-series. It makes sense, since its just on the bus...likely needs to be programmed via Progman also.

FYI - BMW really wanted nothing to do with my retrofit, nor were they able to program it. I highly doubt finding any help with this retrofit through any authorized BMW sources. I have yet to find the "right" dealer willing to help and actually able to assist.
Appreciate 0