View Single Post
      03-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Quick review on JGmods E90 LCI Msport Front & Rear

Hey guys just wanted to get this up since a lot of you have asked for a review or pics. I'm tired and writing this quickly so excuse any errors or if its too short. If I missed anything and anyone has questions just post below and i'll do my best to answer.

Anyways first and foremost I wanted to thank Jay for his excellent customer service. I was looking to do an msport conversion and while on his site at 10:30 P.M. the live chat thing popped up so I asked a question thinking nobody was there. I got a reply almost instantly from Jay saying he was about to leave the office but send him an email about our convo and he would follow up the next day. Basically my question was in regards to doing a different diffuser with the msport rear and he answered all my questions honestly and promptly.

After talking to him for a week or two and asking tons of questions I decided I wanted to go with JGmods. I didn't want oem since plastic is plastic and modern day reps fit almost as well as oem. Jay's customer service and prices were one of the main reasons I decided to go through with it. Once ordered Jay gave me constant updates on the stock of the parts, when it was shipped, and all that kind of stuff. They ship with a company called pilot freight which was excellent. Pilot has a great online tracking system and they call to schedule an appointment for deliver, and also call the same day as delivery before coming. Couldn't be happier with the service from both Jay and Pilot

In terms of fitment the bumper is excellent. The front and rear fit tight and very flush with all the fenders. When I brought them to the body shop the owner looked at them and said, "these aren't reps, they're oem." He kept trying to point to what he tought was a BMW logo on the inside but I just kept laughing and telling him they were reps. That just goes to show the quality of the bumpers. The only thing I had difficulty fitting was the lower grilles on the front and diffuser on the back. Lower grilles we just trimmed a bit off these nubs but I bet heating it up would've helped them snap right in. We heated up the rear with a hairdryer for the diffuser install and it helped out a ton so definitely do that if you're stuck.

Basically what you get with the front is the bumper cover, headlight washers, lower grilles, fog light hardware, and screws for fog lights. The rest of the things you have to source on your own and reuse oem bolts. I ordered all these parts and didn't even wind up using the adaptors
Quote:
Adapter 51758040109 $17.30
Front left duct 51747891383 $24.22
Front right duct 51747891384 $48.44
Left lower cover 51717892803 $58.67
Right lower cover 51717892804 $58.67
Underhood adapter 51117892935 $14.61
Blind rivets 51118047458 $0.62 each x 5
Socket housings 61138364498 $2.04 each x 2
The ducts and fender liners are definitely necessary but as I said I don't know if the adapters are. I couldn't figure out how to get them to match up with my belly pan or bumper so for now I just left the belly pan resting on top of the bumper. When I bring the car to the shop I use i'll let them figure out if they just want to drill the pan or try to figure out the adapters. Anyways now its time for some pics

Footnotes:
-Fitment 10/10
-Customer service 10/10
-Prices 10/10

Edit: Also if anyone needs a body shop in the area go to Franks Auto Body in Port Chester. Awesome guy with great prices and his work is amazing. Tell him Peter with the grey 335 sent you and he should take care of you

FITMENT PICS

More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0