View Single Post
      01-27-2013, 10:06 PM   #33
UltraRacer13
Wannabe Track Rat
British Virgin Islands
Rep
Drives: 17 OG M2

so, I ended up lifting the entire front end off the ground on jackstands. Then i released both OEM endlinks. Here were the issues I faced.

I was able to jack up one side only to set the sway as I wanted it with no lead. My sway plays in a small range. Too low and it hits the control arm (rests on it) too high and it will rotate up and contact the drive axel.
The question was how to deal with the fact I couldn't simulate both wheels on the ground at the same time. I really needed 2 jacks. I had 2 choices- fit one side then mount the wheel and drop then do the other side. Or just match the second side to the original side as far as endlink length/ collar height (I counted threads).

I kinda did both, first matching them up then adding the wheel and double checking. For me, I didn't end up making a big change in length. But I did change the orientation, by shifting the endlink mount to face forward. I had been having an issue with the endlink contacting the drive axel, actually carving a divot in it. By moving the mount forward, the angle was improved, more upright, and solved this issue.

Overall, I found better ride quality than I expected. The car is smoother over bumps. I did not anticipate this, since I didn't move the endlinks much, but it may have been due to the orientation change.