07-05-2009, 06:19 AM   #80
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
WTF are you talking about? All the things you are desctribing is what BMW used to be, and why most of us keep buying them, to hope that one day BMW is what it used to be. I know why you are coming up all of these crazy and ugly models, its to make money and sure its may help you in the short run, but when the image of a company is deterred, it will hurt it substancially in the long run. This site is composed of the most avid BMW fans out there, and most of us are pissed off with the decisions you have made lately, so does this not mean anything to you? And about the supercar ordeal, you havent made one because you dont seem to think you can sell it, and supercars are not just vanity projects, they are the epitome of automotive engineering and the good ones live to become legends like the M1 and 507. So shut up with your little bullshit talk and build us another 507.
I agree, just look at what happened to Rover. They had an unsurpassed reputation for quality before stupid cars like the SD1 and the rebadged BL crap spoiled it all.

A smaller company like BMW shouldn't be too hard to kill in a decade.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0