View Single Post
      11-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #16
Notsafe335i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStang View Post
Car hasn't been on a dyno since mods were tune only. Tires are General G-Max. Probably not the most sticky tires but 1/4 mile wasn't in mind when I bought rubber. I am getting protuned by PTF and once I figure out the best way to launch I hope to crack low 12's.

Believe it or not, car is AT. I brake boost from about 2,500 in second and apparently went pedal to the metal from there. Need to modulate the throttle better. Maybe the linear map would help produce better launch.
Damn. That car is making a little better than 360 wheel at that point. Have any idea of what kind of boost you are leaving the line with?

I'd borrow, buy, steal, cheat some slicks/DRs and you should roll close to what you want to run. Honestly due to the nature of these cars, the torque spike makes it about impossible to find a sweet spot with all seasons even with a flatter curve. e85 will just induce wheel spin even more(more timing), however I'd imagine you'll pick up a couple few mph and to me that's the most important.

2007 335i Sedan
1991 Toyota Supra, 1JZ swap, T66 single, supporting mods.
Appreciate 0