Thread: New 335is owner
View Single Post
      02-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
dachtor
Private
Rep
Drives: e28 533i, '11 335is, '12 911 S

Garage List
Well this sort of stinks. Thanks for all the input. I was really thinking I made a good compromise for a track capable car and a daily driver, without paying for an m3. I was ready to shell out a little money to get it more track suitable but now I'm questioning my decision. I don't expect it to be in the same league as the Porsche. That would just be silly, it's not a $110k car. But I was hoping it would be a good option, under warranty, car seats in the back and something I can have fun with.

That said, I was at the track today in the new ride and my initial impressions were that it was fun, but not impressive. I didnt push it too hard but the biggest concerns for me were the lousy run flat tires and grip, or lack thereof. I don't think I can really make a full assessment until I throw on some decent rubber. Those of you that have tracked this car, what tire setup have you settled with? I would get a 2nd set of rims to make this happen. Probably 18's (or 17's)? Braking was also a bit concerning, what have you guys done (shy of bbk) to improve braking? Any help would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0