07-22-2005, 05:23 PM   #13
PhilS
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesixeight
Hi Phil...

Nice to see this thread come alive after being dead for a few weeks...

Servotronic steering assist is only available on cars with Active Steering (AFS). After 550 miles on the car, it seems to be getting a little lighter and more natural feeling.

If I were to do it all over again, I would order active. I also drive a 530i with AFS and it's a lot of fun and feels like a go-cart. Something to consider if you haven't closed your order yet.

-Chris
Thanks Chris,

It's too late for me to make changes - if my car isn't already built it will be starting production next week - due to pick it up in the 2nd week of August.

Not a big deal - I'm more looking forward to my first six cylinder petrol. My last two cars were 530ds and the six cylinder diesels were fantastic, but I just couldn't get over the smoothness of the 325i on the test drive.

I'll soon get used to the steering, but as you say, if I were to to do it all over again, I think I would go with the active.

Cheers,
Phil.