View Single Post
      06-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
Twisted Six
CarbonFiber Engineer @ ZeroMassMotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4si-coupe

On Easter Sunday -(8 weeks ago)...I broke the Radial head to my left arm during a fall while jogging over a short wall.

I weigh 220lbs at 6'1" and it snapped like a twig under a straight-armed over head spill. Pretty graceful looking I'm sure.

I've broken several bones in the past from martial arts training etc. The thing I did was to avoid getting a full cast and get out of the splint and sling on week one. 3 days to be exact. I quit taking the pain meds and switched to 800ml Ibuprofen and began moving my fingers asap.

Each day I pushed range of motion till tears....right up till I could place my arm behind my back and touch my head again under its own power. I still have big pain with tight motion such as trying to touch the shoulder from the front or doing a push-up.

Its a painful process for certain ! But I'm glad I did it because I began lifting light weights about 3 weeks ago and was able to hang my full body weight from a pull up bar ( with pain)....and do no damage.

The pain will remain for some time during muscle recovery and as you stretch your tendons and muscles back to square one. Just don't stop.

Its always better to due more reps with light weights until your positive your pain management feels normal.
Appreciate 0