skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
I'd sacrifice down low power to be able to have that insane torque curve pull you towards redline! Just me though
Funny that these types of comments are always coming from people who haven't driven or even ridden in one. Using a dyno as a reference, they are able to discern the drivability with 100% accuracy.

I actually gave up quite a bit of torque under 2800 when I switched from my COBB pro tune to Procede + FlexFuel, but ended up with more torque and much, much more power above 4k and it has never felt better. Acceleration is much smoother and it rips until redline.

Not to mention that one of the biggest benefits of the single is how it just keeps going until redline, it does not taper off like stocks or even RBs. But if you're a low-end torque junky and you need 400+ lbs at 2500 rpm, it probably isn't worth debating. I've been there and I didn't like the jerkiness at times, nor did I like worrying about breaking something with that much power from a dig.

If you talk about losing traction on stock turbos and assume the single results in no traction at all, why do you need that much torque in a range that you aren't going to be racing in?