12-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #172
dotmit
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 325i | K46 S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Not sure what warranty has to do with map discs, but anyway, attached to the underside of your bonnet (near the catch) is a build sticker, this will confirm your factory build date if you are unsure.
If I do something that means my navigation stops working while I am updating the software, I can take it to the dealer and tell them it's broken. If I show them an invoice for the official part number and code from a BMW dealer, I am still standing on my two legs rather than on shaky ground because I got some code and a warez ISO copy from some other unauthorised source. Also if I don't get the 7 digit postcodes I can ask the dealer who told me I would get them for a refund on what I paid, because the goods are not as described.

I don't mind paying the extra for that peace of mind even if you think I'm wasting my money because I could have done the same thing for less.

As I said earlier my factory build date is 5/2009. That came from realoem.com and I have no reason to doubt it. I haven't actually opened the bonnet of my car yet. There's nothing for me to see there lol