03-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #89
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjt View Post
Is that their standard positon? Deny the existance of aftermarket products, until the point when someone comes in with coilovers and downpipes? I would think that people interested in tuning are not going to find out about it by reading the warranty agreement. They will either already know or, will know where to find out.

But, I'm just some name and number on some papers somewhere. What do I know about warrantying millions of vehicles?

IMO, if you decide to mod, always have the funds to deal with the conseqences, if something goes boom. Always have a beater, because those commute miles can have a much more detrimental effect that most think.
Who knows what their official or standard position is? But to your last point, its obvious dealers will do anything they can to weasel their way out of work if they suspect or can at least claim some mod had something to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
What % of the E9X based M3's have ever been close to a road course?
Who knows and do I even care? Just because someone else hasn't seen a road course is not of my concern. I bought the "ultimate driving machine" for a reason, and it wasn't to sit hard parked. All I know is if I were to choose MY next track car and it came down n54 and s65, it's a no brainer, S65 hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Why the N54 is a pain in my ass at track events.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412156

S65 will just make those weekends so much more fun.
exactly...

Last edited by 3002 tii; 03-12-2013 at 05:26 PM..
Appreciate 0